JPA- MARA Student Assessment Centre (SAC) 2019

Imej yang berkaitan

Ohhhh hiii everyone. So here is another interview experience to be shared, yezzaa. I am grateful enough that blogposts have helped me much throughout post spm especially in applying scholarships....(I mean it.) so I'm going to do a pay back thing! Hahaha!

I actually applied for JPA scholarship which is JKPJ programme, but then when I saw schoollah tweets explaining what's the best, I quickly cancelled and applied for JPA MARA. It's still under JPA though, but the name MARA makes it as our privileges (thanks god). Anyway, I applied for engineering programme to Japan.
First thing first, let me recap what actually happened before the interview day. 
March 14th, 2019: *result day
March 16th, 2019: applied for JPA MARA
April 1st, 2019: surat panggilan to SAC

So basically I had like 9 days to prepare for the interview session. To be frank, I was really nervous and afraid because this was my very first interview in groups. I hate the fact that my very humble ass doesn't know how to stand out during grouping interview, hahahaha. Starting on that day onwards, I started to search all around the Internet world to read past experiences from our seniors. Guess what????? 99.9% of them were actually asked about the current issues that were happening in the country that time (haha). Phewwww, that made me more scared tbh, as someone who only know "the surface" and not that deeeeep about current issues. I'll give you the links because I know you would want to read about them too😁

2018 : Meeya Licious
2017 : (I couldnt find any sorry!)
2016 : Story Time | Fearless | Chronicle of Life | Arista Bucks

And that's the starting point where I started to read about the current issues like Sultan Brunei, Tabung Haji and also Brexit. HA HA. Am not joking, I even remembered the exact number of divident doh. So, my iv date was at 10th, and some of my friends already went for the iv at 8th and 9th. I took the opportunity to ask them about what question that the panels had asked (I was just curious, that's not cheating ok). One of them told me that he had been asked about the sultan's name (weh i don't know if he pranked me or what since we're not that close). And the other one told me they did ask about which part in Upin Ipin movie that uses AI and blablabla.

April 14th, the dead day.

I woke up really early this day as my house is considered far from UNITEN. With all the jammed too,,,,. And I reached there like 7.40 a.m.. There were so many people that time. We had to wait at the ground floor before we did our registration. At 7.55a.m. like that, we were allowed to enter the lift to floor 4 which was the interview place. Friendly reminder: if you left your bottle at home, there's this one place beside the lift at ground floor where you can get your 600ml mineral water for RM1 :D

The first thing I did when I reached the floor was,,, I searched my name at the board and memorized the number beside it which was 15. (Or you can simply take out your phone and capture it. Easy.) And then took a borang from one of the pegawai JPA and entered the main room for taklimat. Anyway, there will be two rooms, first one is for Kelompok 1,2,3 and the second one is for Kelompok 4, 5, 6 so make sure you enter the right room! HAHA. After a short brief, we had to register/ tick for our attendance (what i meant by tick is YOUR SIGNATURE OK) and then one more briefing. 
YOU DON'T NEED TO PASS YOUR RESUME TO THE PANELS, THIS IS NOT A JOB, they said
They explained about how the interview would be conducted and all. If you have any questions, you can ask during this time. So actually, the number 1-10 in each kelompok will be interviewed first. Each kelompok has its own room. The higher your name in the list, the faster you will be interviewed ok. And basically 1-5 is in a group and the rest in a group. If the 1-5 attend to the bm session first, the other 6-10 will attend the english session first. Each session will be up to 30 minutes and after that switch rooms. And then the same thing goes to number 11-20.


As I was number 15, I really didn't expect that I would be in the first 10 people. (it was 11 actually) And then when my name was called by the pegawai, I walked out the room and saw 5 people already lining up in front the room. I was like........seriously? It's my turn now? THE FIRST ONE??? HAHA THIS MUST BE JOKING although I knew that it was not a joke lmao. We didn't even know each others' name and suddenly had to be interviewed for bm session.

Then, we walked into the room and the six chairs were actually like 50 metres from the door..... so far, I know. There were two panels (both ladies) at that time, and the gave us two topics for us to present. The topics were "Saya Bangga Menjadi Anak Malaysia" and "Kemiskinan Punca Gejala Sosial". We had to choose only one topic and were given 5 minutes to discuss LOL. Anyway, we actually discussed more than 5 minutes because the bell rang twice haha. Then we presented about the topic and had sesi soal jawab after that.

After that we walked out from the bm session room, we had to wait outside the english session room like 5 mins??? There was where we started to know each others' names lol. And then we entered the room. Don't forget to smile ok! And greet the panels too! During english session, there were also two panels who're soooo friendly! Soo, some of the questions they did ask to our group members were :

1. Introduce yourself. (+ what course did you apply, why do you think you deserve this scholarship)
2. If you are given this scholarship and already @ oversea that time, and then the allowances are given a bit late, what would you do?
3. If you are in love with this pretty/ handsome mat salleh, what would you do as a Muslim?
4. If one of your friends ends up going to clubs etc etc, how would you advise him/ her?

Anddddd that's it. No current issues HA HA HA HA MY LIFE IS TOTALLY A JOKE BIHHH. Extra reminder: for question 1, the panels would ask like "okay, start from number 9, to 15". and then "okay start from number 15 to 9" and there will be also like "okay number 11, please give your opinion" SO PLEASE BE ALERT ALL THE TIME 😬

My awesome groupmates uwu

Overall, our iv session as the first group went well, I guess? But I seriously can't predict anything right now. What can I say is, GANBATTE EVERYONE!!! *inserts clingy meme*


NEW (edited on 2021): If you're interested in applying Engineering to Japan/ want to know one of the route, click HERE!!

9 comments

  1. this is a good sharing since so many more people will go through the same process as yours. at the very least this can help them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good tips for those who will be going through this anytime soon.
    Hopefully yang lain pun akan alert al the time like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in ur future undertakings dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ray, @Tqa, I hope so! Thanks :D
    @yeaslmn, thank you sis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very nice tips for those who need..

    for my course,i couldnt ask for JPA scholarship,but i can get scholarship from TAPEM(Tabung Amanah Melaka) but i need to pass and score and have higher CGPA.

    wish me luck!


    https://nasuha-itsmyessay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, may i know why did u cancelled the JPA-JKPJ one and then applied for JPA-MARA, can you share what was the reasons ur doing that? coz i a little bit confused if I should apply for JPA-JKPJ or JPA-MARA and which one would be better for me. Thanks you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anonymous, Hi there. I was told that if we apply through JPA MARA, there'll be more opportunities especially for the Malays and Bumiputra because these are the requirements to apply for this scholarship. Non-bumis, on the other hand are always welcomed to apply JKPJ. So for the Malays, we dont need to compete with other Chinese or Indians for JPA MARA. It depends on how people see this as opportunity or not though! Also, specifically if you want to apply to Japan, I think it is better through JPA MARA bc the programmes offered includes New Zealand and other "wanted" countries. When I attended the interview, there was a really few number of students who applied for Japan programme, so Im thinking that maybe this is why I got easily accepted to study in this programme, haha.

    If you have anything to ask about Japan preparatory programme, feel free to contact me on my other socmeds too. And good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I would like to ask a question. After the interview session, how many weeks will the result be announced? And how many quota are there for JPA MARA scholars? I am so nervous for my result…

    ReplyDelete
  9. @eydeeeeeee, Hi there. I am not sure about the quota though. But the result is usually announced around one month or more after the interview. And if you passed the interview, I hope you'll be mentally prepared for the classes bc it may start earlier than other universities. Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete

comments