Studying in Japanese Preparatory Programme


    It has been such a long time since I posted~ I'm back haha. It is just that I am too busy with life, especially I just enrolled into university this year for my degree. Yep, it is kind of late because usually '01 liners who pursued foundation after SPM will start study for their degree like last year(?) I guess so. But in my case, I pursued foundation in Japanese Preparatory School/ Programme for almost two years, which explains why I started my degree life later than the others. 

   Anyways, I'm thinking of writing in this blog with *more* proper, like putting my sentences in obvious paragraphs ?? And towards English/ Malay/ Manglish essay writing style!! Oooof....

    For those who are curious, "Is there any Japanese Preparatory School in Malaysia?" Yes, yes, yes, in fact there are a few of them. If you just graduated from high school (SPM leavers)want to learn Japanese Language seriously, or you want to enter Japan University pursuing engineering or science technology major/ stream, you can do more researches on  Ambang Asuhan Jepun (AAJ), INTEC College, and MJHEP. And, there is also Pusat Bahasa Teikyo (PBT) where you can learn in science social stream. And proudly to say that, I graduated from Ambang Asuhan Jepun, University Malaya early in this year hehe. Yaaaay!

This post is dedicated for those who want to challenge themselves to enter this preparatory school/programme. 

Side Note: These institutions are mostly applied through scholarship programme, so if you are interested, you can read my other post about the related scholarship> here.

    I enrolled here in the middle of May 2019 and graduated around February 2021; do your maths! What do we study here? Okay, we have 4 semesters to pass in total. For the first semester, Japanese Language will be the main focus to all students, which means most of the lectures will be Japanese Language related lectures. During this semester, Chemistry, Physics, and Maths are still taught in English so dont worry too much, dear kouhai (junior)~ If you pass the first semester examination, you will be allowed to proceed to the next semester. However, if you didnt manage to reach the minimum grades, you will need to sit for a retest which is usually more difficult, and if you pass this test, you can proceed.

    You will start to learn Chemistry, Physics and Maths in fully Japanese in Semester 2. Of course, there are a lot of things to be remembered but with the help of sensei (lecturers) and a little effort, you will easily remember those things! (Not that easy but......) 


    The everyday-schedule is quite packed too, and I must say that only those who are willing to sacrifice will survive AAJ. We have full classes from Monday to Friday: 8am till 5pm, and if you are 'lucky' enough, you will need to attend extra classes after 5pm. Most of extra classes will usually end at 6pm. There are also some cases where the sensei organized extra extra classes for those who volunteer to join during Saturdays. It depends though. 

    Students will sit on EJU (idk what the term means) when you are in Semester 3. Basically, this is one of the most important examinations for Japanese Preparatary Programmes. I am not sure of MJHEP and INTEC College, but AAJ and PBT students, all of us sit for this examination. It is an examination where all of the questions are of course in fully Japanese; Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Japanese Language subjects. The questions are actually almost the same level with what Japanese high schools students are learning. And I have to remind you here, that Japanese people's point of view/ way of thinking are a little bit complicated mendokusai different from how we usually think. The interesting one is, you wont know how they evaluate your marks, the marks are just there when you receive the result (haha). Also, this test is required to enter Japan Universities, so do your best!!

    And then, Completion Test (wei idk what is it in English but it is 修了試験 in Japanese) before you graduate. Oh, and you cant graduate if you dont pass this exam lol. This examination is made by the sensei so it is based from the syllabus no worries!! So, if you think you didnt score well in EJU, you need to study well and pass this exam to fly to Japan. (I know there are too many examinations but work hard ye T^T)

    So, those are like sneak-peak to the life of AAJ hehe. What I can promise you if you enter these programmes after SPM, you will be OK (I am not brave enough to say fluent, but you'll be OK) in Japanese, like can write reports in Japanese, and!!! Watch animes without subtitles!!! Communicate with native Japanese people!! Haha. That's it for now. I want to write longer but I am too lazy. See you soon~! 

Side Note: Pardon my English usage, I know the sentences may be weird sometimes maybe I am being japanized, that's why TT

Sincerely, 
One of RPKJ38

4 comments

  1. hii do you know anyone that did their preparatory courses in PBT under the jpa-mara schlarship? i would like to know more about the preparatory course in PBT

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous i know some but they had already graduated from pbt! (same year as me) if you do want to have one of my friend's contact, hit me up in any of my social medias! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello!! i just received an interview offer for jpa mara japan engineering program and im soo scared!! ���� i really want to know how or what sort of questions they will ask cs it’s only a 30 minutes session ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Hanisah Salwa, hi there! congratulations sis, im happy for you! Don't be too scared, just prepare for the iv and believe in yourself <33 Anyways I already posted an entry regarding the iv experience two years before, feel free to read it! It's on one of my popular posts! But im not really sure though if the procedure is still the same though; because during my era, it was held face to face.. but you can make it as reference. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

comments