Enjoying May.

 

    Hello there! A little update of life, am currently a third year student in uni and this year isn't the same like previous years; I was busy collecting credits. But now, there are just some credits that I have to obtained in order to graduate so I have more time to spend with myself every day. Like, the most subjects I have in one day is only four- which is Thursday, and the rest will be like one or two subjects in each day, hehe. Couldn't ask for more, this is the most ideal timetable I've ever arranged in university life. 

    Talking about more time to be spent with myself, I am currently in a phase of having an obsession towards increasing jogging (or maybe running) mileage. I started to consistently jog this year by the way. But I didn't have chance to jog when I was in Malaysia during March huhu hence the monthly mileage was 0 km. Proceeding into April, fasting month- only a few km but it is always better than 0, right? May is my peak! Currently at my 39th km, and still have three days left to enter June. Maybe I'll hit 40+ km... 

apps: Nike Run Club

    I don't really have "realistic" goals to be consistent in jogging. People often go out jogging to lose some weights but the thing is I am already so petite and small that I don't think that it's good to lose some weights hahah. But I realized that I love to connect with nature, explore my neighborhood, so I think those will be enough to keep myself consistent going out for jogging. As a beginner, I started off with 1-2 km before and now I can jog for 6 km without taking a break. I am aiming for 10 km without break this year though.

    Also, I don't really post to public but these days I've been into trying to do cover songs on ukulele. My favorite one so far- Count on Me by Bruno Mars. Because of its tempo and I like singing happy songs on the uke. For sadder song... I would go with Indonesian song; Bukan Salah Jodoh. I've been picking up on uke since December 2022, and till now I am familiar with almost 10 chords I guess? And I'm able to strum the most basic strumming pattern and most of the songs can be played with this, Island Strum! :D

    May is good. More time spent outside, more time spent on uke, and also more time spent with friends. Not to be cringed but I am appreciating those time I am having with my friends *peace*. To recap, May is full of activities during weekend; sometimes we watch movies, played bowling or maybe karaoke, and then taiikukan session (read: play badminton, volleyball, basketball, etc). I love this.

taiikukan session. photo credit to kak tyra :)

    And I hope, every month in this year will be like May.... I will be missing May so much. Thank you for being so enjoyable <3

0 comments

comments