A Reflection of My Growth in 2023

    Hehe hello everyone, it has been months! My last update was in May 2023 and it's already February 2024; how fast time flies! I have a lot to write but the thing is, it really takes a lot to pour my thoughts here. Anyway, here's a reflection of what have I achieved in 2023. I have always underestimated myself; I mean, all of us tend to think this way. We often appreciate ourselves less, even when we have achieved a lot because we struggle to see our accomplishments from an external perspective. Believe me, if we could view ourselves through the eyes of others, we would realize just how much we have grown over time. 

    Well, as for me, if I would like to pick up three things which are obvious to me, they would be- running, playing ukulele, and videographingI kind of developed my interests towards these three things especially last year (2023) and it does amaze me A LOT to see my growth through my interests. 

    Started off with running, as stated on my previous post (May 2023) I was heading towards 40 km (running mileage) in a month... and by the end of 2023, to be specific October, November and December, I casually hit 100++ km. I know my May 2023 self won't be expecting this but yes, I did it! I slowed down a lot during each sessions and it eventually helped me to be a better runner (sounds cringe but hehe) The furthest I've ran in 2023 is a solid 15 km! And I am aiming to be able to run a half marathon by this summer (manifesting).

    Playing ukulele... I actually picked this one up during December 2022 but I kind of practiced a lot too throughout this year, and I am able to play a lot of songs as long as they're transposed into easier chords, and I'll just pair them with suitable strumming pattern. I did struggle in the beginning of 2023 to strum + sing at the same time, but as time passed, I've overcome that hurdle; and now I can strum along while singing with ease HEHEHEHE

    The last one is quite funny though about how I suddenly have the urge to record things. Nope, I have always been recording things since forever but 2023 is PEAK. I learned to especially "produce" cinematic kind of look in my videos. Also, a little bit of color grading though I only use Capcut. I used to colorgrad on Adobe Premiere Pro but I kind of leaning towards mobilegraphy so I want to minimize transferring time hence I do most of my work on solely my iPhone. If you're curious and want to check them out, I've shared some on my YouTube channel, under the name floostar. Feel free to take a peek ><.

Looking back at these things, I realized that I have actually did something in 2023.. And I am eager to be better in everything I do. Here's to striving towards a better self!

I think that's all for now, hope you guys can see and appreciate your achievements too; because achievements are still achievements, big or small! Till next time x

Yours sincerely, floostar.

0 comments

comments